Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Oh Happy Day

So our little guy is now 4 months old. Oh how time flies. I know, I know.....wait until he's 2 and see how I feel then. But still......*sigh* He's growing up so fast and we're loving every minute of it. It's amazing how just the turn over of being a month older seems to have a huge impact. Just this morning he turned over from his stomach to his back again. But now he realizes that he's doing it. He's still in that frustrating stage of trying to figure out how he did it in the first place though. :)

He did very well with his check up and his 4 month shots today. He cried for a second and did just fine afterward. While waiting for his medications (reflux) to be refilled we went and looked at a furniture store and he fell asleep so hard. Poor little guy.

He weighed in at 17.6 pounds and he is 27 inches long. I believe we might have a tall boy. But I think that I figured that out when I started putting him in 9 month clothing just because of his length.

So because he's doubled birth weight, he's obviously interested when we eat, he's a supported sitter AND he's waking up most hours of the night, his doctor has said that we can start him on solids. One at a time of course. So today we went to the store and got him some rice cereal....and for obvious reasons of just plain being an excited mom, I bought a bunch of baby food as well. Haha. And of course the 'famous' first food pictures. (although I think a vegetable or fruit first tasting will be more fun than rice cereal)

Now who could resist a smile like that?

3 comments:

Wanda said...

that is awesome He has got so much bigger and his smile is absolutely adorable :D

Celeste said...

I absolutely loved watching Craig figure out everything in life. Until I had a baby I never knew what a big deal it was for them to roll over or how proud it could make you when they grabbed something to hold it up and look at it instead of suck on it :)

I can't believe he's already that big! wow.

He'll probably be much more content with something a little more solid in his tummy. I hope it helps him.

Erin Noel said...

He's so cute!