Thursday, February 25, 2010

Patience



Our son passed his 9 month mark this past Tuesday. It's amazing that it's already been that long. With the pregnancy each day seemed to take longer and longer. But with the past 9 months of watching Ethan grow and become such a cute little boy, time has flown. It seems like just yesterday that I was just trying to wait patiently to go into labor (which never happened) and be able to hold Ethan in my arms. And it finally came. And now, I'm trying to wait patiently for his top two teeth to finally cut through. (it's been miserable) I'm trying to wait patiently for the day that he can talk. (so I can finally understand what he wants) I'm trying to wait patiently for the day that he can go down the stairs on his own. (cause it scares me half to death when he tries now) I'm trying to wait patiently until the day that he can REALLY sleep through the night. (these 5 o'clock mornings and wake ups in between just aren't cutting it anymore) And I'm trying to wait patiently until the day he can look at me and say Mama, I Love You.

There are many more things that I'm trying to wait patiently for. And I've come to terms with the fact that being a mother, I'm just going to have to continue to be patient. But I wouldn't have it any other way. I enjoy watching how my son is growing and developing so quickly. I love his little two teeth smiles. I love how he sits on the floor and jabbers his head off to his toys. And even though it scares me, I love how he can climb all the way up the stairs and thinks he can get down just as easy. Despite having some sleepless nights, I do love that he sleeps through the night now. But he still wakes up at five, because it's daddy time.

AND!!!! Drumroll please........................................

His reflux is practically gone. It makes life so much better! I don't have to change his clothes 3 times a day. I don't have to change MY clothes 3 times a day.

Other Things:
His doctors appointment went over really well yesterday. Just a routine check up. No shots, so that was nice. I was worried about an ear infection and he was great.

He now weighs in at 20 pounds 2 ounces (43.80 percentile)
He is 28.75 inches long (67.91 percentile)
His head measures at 17.6 inches (32.54 percentile)

Three months ago he weighed in just under 20 pounds. So sadly, our little chunker won't be so chunky much longer because of all his cruising. He is a very active little guy. He's crawling around everywhere and he's staring to climb things(other than the stairs). He's walking along furniture and behind a step and go toy. So it won't be much longer now until he walks.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like he has grown since we last saw him - a motoring everywhere Ethan will be fun to see. The way the little guys think they can go anywhere is pretty scary sometimes!