Monday morning I couldn't take the nagging feeling I had anymore and decided to call his pediatrician. I believe I called 3 times because I couldn't make up my mind to just leave a message or to make an appointment.
So they took us in fast. Diagnosis... Croup, Bronchiolitis and a positive result of RSV. We've been very blessed that he has not had to be hospitalized from the RSV and we hope that it continues to stay that way. I believe he's gotten over the croup because of medication, but for the rest only time, LOTS of saline, suctioning, vapor rubs and baths will do. Unfortunately we've been advised not to use a humidifier due to the history of asthma in Loren's family. And because RSV gives Ethan an even more likely chance of having asthma in the future, we've taken that advise to heart. We have taken him in to the hospital for deep suctioning and will be doing so again I'm sure. They told us as long as we're aggressive that we wouldn't have to take him in every day.
He's been such a trooper. He's a tough little guy. He's not sleeping very well and he's not eating well either. But despite it all he's been a pretty happy baby. And on a more positive note, he's now got his two top teeth making a total of 4 teeth. And he's getting braver and braver with walking. He took his first few steps a few weeks ago and the other day he started walking even more. He's growing up so fast and it's such a joy to see him so happy. I can't believe that he will be 10 months old on Tuesday and that in a couple of months he'll be 1. This year has flown by so quickly that I'm afraid to blink.
Thank you everyone for your support, thoughts and prayers through it all. He's starting to show signs of improvement and I hope that he continues to do so. We love you guys!
2 comments:
I'm so happy we are in this together!!!!!
i'm glad you listened to your own feelings you had to take him in. i hope he recovers quickly. he's walking?!?! wow!
Post a Comment