Ethan turns 1 in roughly a month. And he's definitely over 20 pounds. So, we're buying him a new car seat and I need suggestions. I've been looking at the Eddie Bauer Deluxe 3 in 1 convertible car seat. Reviews have stated that it's very bulky. Personally that's not a problem for me, we have an Expedition. And it's supposedly comfortable which would be awesome because we travel. A LOT.
But I know that there are tons of car seats out there.
What are some good websites for reviews?
Where are some good places to buy?
Has anyone heard of Albeebaby.com?
Is expensive necessarily better?
I want something safe and and comfortable. And definitely something that can grow with him.
What does everyone have for their kids?
2 comments:
Through and unfortunate chain of events we've ended up with 2 car seats for Craig it has been nice though. But here's our experience
One is the Graco Nautilus, the other is the Britax Frontier Toddler Booster Car Seat.
We haven't tried converting them to a booster seat yet so I can't say how convenient that is going to be but some of the things we've noticed are:
Britax one has a much more convenient latch system, (there's a button that helps it release and in our car that makes a big difference)Britax has the folding arms, which are nice for getting in and out but honestly Craig LOVES to play with them, so that has been an unexpected bonus. One really nice thing about the britax one is that when you raise the head rest it automatically raises the shoulder harnesses so you don't have take them out and put them in the higher hole, not a big deal but nice.
The Graco one is definitely very nice and we really like it too. I'm just trying to think of the features that have stood out as being different than the other seat. Most of the functionality is pretty similar and they seem fairly equally comfortable for him. The cup holder is easier to reach for him on the Graco one and he enjoys putting his toys in the cubby's under the arm rests.
Oh and the Britax one has an adjustable uh 'crotch strap' for lack of knowing what it's really called. You can move it to 3 different positions (which has been really handy as Craig has grown:)
I'm not sure if that's helpful at all and it's mostly little preference things, nothing drastic. But we basically decided that more expensive doesn't necessarily mean "that much cooler"
Good luck! (oh and I just remembered, when he falls asleep in the Britax one it seems to hold his head a little better, and sorry if none of this makes sense, but my excuse is that I'm pregnant, and it's late!) :)
Post a Comment