Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Ethan's 1st Birthday




So our little boy turned 1. What an exciting and crazy year it's been. There's so much that he can do now and it's hard to believe that it's gone by so fast. Those are just a few pictures from the different birthday parties that he had. He had two different cakes. The first I bought that came with some cupcakes. And then The one with the huge candle in it I made for his actual birthday party. Along with the cupcakes. I think I had more fun getting ready for it than Ethan may have had haha. Anyway. We all had a great time and we really appreciate those that helped make it special. On May 23rd, his actual birthday, he just had a cupcake.

He had his 12 months wellness check up the day after his birthday. Everything went well. He was about 23 3/4 pounds. 31 inches tall. He also had to have a bunch of shots and his blood drawn to do some testing for anemia and lead poisoning. Standard procedure I guess. Results came back negative for both so that was great.

Ethan's into everything now. He still loves his music and is always dancing to the beat. A funny thing he started doing was tapping his foot to the music. Crawling up and down the stairs is no problem. He learned how to turn around and go down himself. He could even drink through a straw before his birthday came around! How crazy is that. He had 6 teeth and now 2 more have come in.(That hasn't been too fun)

He's a big thinker and he likes to figure out how things work. And he LOVES being outside. We took him camping for the first time and he had a blast. And my mom was able to go with us! I think if we'd let him eat all day and live outside he'd be the happiest little boy around. I'll be posting some more within the week from the past month. It was a crazy busy but fun month.

2 comments:

Neff Family said...

I loved it when he kept wearing the book as a hat! Classic Ethan =) Such a cutie!!

Tanya said...

looks like a blast. first birthday's are always more fun for the mom i think:)