For a personal record I'm blogging about Ethan's lovely couple of weeks. When I say lovely, I mean, not really. He's been happy for the most part but it hasn't been fun. He started out screaming in the middle of the night. Screaming during the day. Screaming when he first woke up and having to scream it out on the floor. We didn't think much of it except it being a terrible, terrible stage. But he got a fever. 102.8. Needless to say his doctor wanted to see him the next day. Yup, double ear infections. They weren't extremely bad, but they were his first. So she sent us on our way with orders of pain killer every 4 hours and amoxicillan twice a day. That night he had a fever of 103.8 that wouldn't break until 5 am the next morning. Ethan already has exzema so I didn't think anything of his skin getting rashy until a couple of days ago, when I thought that he had a heat rash. He completely broke out all over his body yesterday. We were concerned that he had a penicillin allergy and the doctor wanted to see him right away. Luckily he's not allergic.
But... he's got Roseola. Roseola?? The doctor we saw yesterday was not his pediatrician. And she didn't really explain much. She said it could be Roseola or a dry rash. It's definitely Roseola. Which explains the high fever that we couldn't bring down last week. Sometimes it last a few days. Sometimes it last a couple of weeks. Fun. It doesn't itch. He doesn't have a fever anymore. But it looks... wow. I wouldn't want your children hanging out with him haha. I feel bad for the poor little guy. We'll come out and play again one day. But until then, I'm keeping him at home.

Unfortunately, it looks worse in person. :(
3 comments:
Peyton had that too!!!
I know this is hard for you to deal with right now, but know that there are many people in the world with this. He is going to have an amazing life - especially with a momma like you!!! Love ya girl!!
Poor little guy - ear infections and Roseola! Ouch! (For the parents too!) At least he feels better, even if it looks worse. We'll be hoping that you get the "over in a few days" version instead of the "two weeks" one. :)
Post a Comment