
I had dreamed of going back to Georgia and taking my kids here one day. It was a part of Georgia's history. A part of my history. The oldest home in Valdosta, we called it the Big House. It belonged to my mother' s family until they had let the Heritage foundation take it over. I remember visiting once and the fun that I had exploring the un-lived in rooms and wondering what life had been like. I think this home is a part of what sparked me to want to restore homes.
Sadly, yesterday morning it was engulfed in flames. And it doesn't look like it's going to be salvageable. It is definitely a sad day and a great loss to many people.
You can find the news article
here.
1 comment:
sad. It looks like a cool house. And definitely some cool memories. Sad, sad.
Post a Comment