Friday, August 19, 2011

3 Weeks and an Anniversary


I can't believe that it's already been 3 weeks since we had our little girl. She's really starting to look better and better each day and I think she's finally starting to gain some weight. She's so beautiful it's amazing. I can't believe some times that I have such beautiful children.


Recovery has gone very well and has been very kind to me. I'm already 2 pounds less than my pre-pregnancy weight! I'm still working on getting all the sleep that I need but it hasn't been bad so far. Most nights Courtney only wakes up twice to eat.
We've been very blessed to have my mom here to help out, so I've been able to get out of the house here and there. But I'm ready to get going and work out and feel great again.
But it's only week three.... My doctor told me to come in for my postpartum check up at 4-6 weeks. I think I'm going to go in at 4 weeks to get the all clear. I mean, who wouldn't??
I finally got out yesterday and got my hair cut. I haven't had that done since September of last year. Gasp! I know. It felt great. It was very badly needed. I kept the length, but got some layers and chopped the bangs again. I'll probably always have bangs. I'm finding it hard to grow them out haha. It's pulled half way back in this picture.

Ethan is still doing really great around Courtney and he is growing so much. I can't believe how big he is getting. He is really starting to talk like crazy and he is such a funny little guy. He's really in to sports and riding his bike. And of course he still loves all his cars. We just love him to death! Look at that crazy hair. I just gave him a haircut as well...


And finally, can you believe that we have been married for 4 years already?! It just hasn't felt that long.

We finally got around to celebrating last night. We ate at The Dodo Restaurant in Sugarhouse and then we went and saw Green Lantern at the movie theater over there. It was so nice to be able to get out on a date. It's been a really long time since we've been out on an actual date that we didn't have to rush home or didn't get out for just a quick dinner.
So we look crazy in this picture but we were in the car and it was dark. We took like 5 of them.

It really has been an amazing four years. I'm more in love with my husband than I was then. And I'm looking forward to it being like that every year. And I can't wait for more years to come of figuring out life together. I love my little family. They are my life and my world. :)

1 comment:

Elaine said...

Awwww Jessie thanks fo your comment! I have thorougly enjoyed being with you all and a joy to watch the kids. Beautiful picture of Courtney, the blanket you made is so pretty around her with matching head bow and band. You look absolutely gorgeous ! Love that picture! Ethan is too much fun! Cute! And Happy Anniversary to you and Loren! Love you and your family! (Mom)