Well, my little girl is already over two weeks old, and I can't believe that I haven't found the time to sit down and write things out. And share hospital pictures. I couldn't have asked for a better experience than what I had in the hospital this time around. Labor, in the least, was good to me. I went in at 7:15 in the morning and they finally induced me around 10. It went by so quickly. We had an awesome nurse and some fun company. We seriously laughed the entire time. I have to say however, that I do not like how I look when I'm in labor, or after. I honestly swell up like a beast. I don't understand it. My face balloons up like 3 sizes. Ok, maybe not that much.
But still. :) I'm happy to say that this time my epidural was AMAZING! I waited until my contractions were pretty strong and I was dilated to about a 5 and almost completely effaced before I got it. It was my decision. I felt that the last time the epidural just slowed me down.
I only pushed through THREE contractions! And she was here at 3:50.
Recovery went well and then we came home with a beautiful, jaundiced little girl....
Yes, jaundiced. Her levels aren't that high but we're still battling through getting the bilirubin out of her system. So the term for what's going on is "breast milk jaundice." Basically the breast milk is interfering with getting the excess bilirubin out. So, for the time being, we're having to supplement her feedings with formula. It's supposed to help flush out her system and get things going. And help her gain weight. She has stayed at 7 pounds since we took her to her first checkup over two weeks ago. However, she HATES the formula. Which should make me feel good right? My milk evidently rocks! But, I want her well.
Otherwise we have such an adorable and healthy little girl. We knew that nursing was going to be a struggle but so far it's going much better than it did with Ethan. Most of the time she's only waking up about twice during the night and she's finally starting to "wake up" during the day. She's been a little sleepier than most babies due to the jaundice.
Big brother absolutely adores her! We have been so blessed and are so grateful that this is the
case. I was very concerned that he would be jealous and feel left out. But it's all working out great! I love my little family.
We got a kick out of me being a fall risk...
3 comments:
So sweet, Jess! I'm glad you found some time to write it down.
She is precious! I can't wait to meet her in person one day. XOXO
SO fun! I can't believe she is that old already! She is so cute. Can't wait till it's my turn!
Love the pictures!! I know some people here who just had a little girl, and are going through the same stuff. She is having to have 20 minutes of sun light every so often to help with the yellow. I'm so happy for your family!!!
Post a Comment