Saturday, February 23, 2013

This Year So Far...

We got off to a rocky start this year. While we were still visiting my family everyone caught a very nasty stomach virus.  After we came home from Georgia we jumped right back into school and everybody got sick again.  We all caught a bad cold/flu that ended up with Ethan having bronchitis and his first ear infection(which got both ears) and Cory having an ear infection as well and having to have breathing treatments.  I eventually caught it and I'm still kind of getting over it.  Loren has been having problems with his stomach.  We're not sure if he's having gallbladder problems or if it could be something else.   He had some blood work done and so far everything looks fine, but he is still in a lot of pain.  Hopefully we can figure it out soon so life can get back to normal.
Last month I was released from the Relief Society presidency.  I had a lot of fun with the women I got to server with and am blessed that I had the opportunity to do so.  That being said and done, I was called as the Young Women's president.  Very humbling and I still don't know what I'm doing.  We only have one young woman in the branch at the moment and will have two more coming up this year.  I'm super excited to learn and grow with these girls and I hope that I can be a good example and be blessed with the spirit to lead and guide them.  I will gladly take any suggestions from anyone with experience! :)  I'm taking a Photography class this semester and it's been a lot of fun so far. I'll graduate in May with my Associate's degree (finally!) And have decided that I will stop there for now and focus on my little family.  I will start doing preschool with Ethan in the Fall.  Wish me luck!
The kids are growing like crazy. They're so much fun and full of life!  I can't believe that Ethan will be four in just a few months and that Courtney is 18 months and has started Nursery.  And Ethan is a Sunbeam!!!!  He is growing up so fast.  He loves being in his class and going to singing time on Sunday's.  It's a little harder with Courtney and nursery.   She has actually been going to Nursery for the first hour since the middle of last year.  But for some reason, we can't get her to stay anymore.  I'm sure we'll get it one day.  It took a long time with Ethan as well.
Anyway, this month we got to travel to California to go to a farm show and then spend some time at the beach with Loren's family.  We took the camper and camped out the entire time.  It was so nice to get away from the cold and enjoy some green scenery and visit some places I've never been before.  Here are some pictures from that week. :)
Camping


Monterey Bay Aquarium





Santa Cruz








2 comments:

The Spencer Adventure said...

Courtney is so big!!! Oh my goodness we need to see you guys before they grow all up!

elaine said...

Oh my what beautiful pictures here too Jessie !