Sunday, August 31, 2014

Another, "I can't believe it's been so long!"

Hello again from our little family!

Really, I can't believe how long it has been since I last posted. Although, maybe I can. I stayed up till almost midnight the other night with a caffeine induced sentimental high you could say, reading and almost crying through old posts and comments.  (I don't usually drink caffeine and soda due to health reasons, so I guess it really did a number on me haha)
There are many reasons that I have not been posting, mostly time and having limited and slow-ish Internet.  Internet is, unfortunately, not a perk to living out in the middle of nowhere.   But I have decided, and I hope that I can keep myself to this, to try and post at least once a month again.  Going through all my old posts made me realize how important it is to keep a record of my cute little family. I also forgot that this is a great way to keep a lot of my family and friends updated with our lives. If anyone is even reading this anymore.
So, that being said, I'll just give a few little updates on our lives for the past year or so.

Everyone, of course, has grown a year older.


 This handsome dude turned 5 back in May.  And he starts kindergarten within the next week or so(we're homeschooling).  He's so smart and has grown up so fast *sigh*.  I'm always having to remind myself that he's only five.  

Our beautiful little girl turned 3 in July. And we'll be doing preschool with her this year. She makes us laugh all the time and definitely keeps us on our toes. And speaking of toes, she is super excited about starting dance this week. :)  

Not only did we all get older this year, but the hubs and I celebrated our SEVEN YEAR Anniversary!  I couldn't have asked for a better companion and best friend in this life and for eternity.

We moved into a different home out here on the farm last summer.  I've had lots of fun being able to decorate it of course.  We remodeled a guest bedroom and found out that the hubs and I love to build things, like our 8 foot dining room table that I absolutely love.  Maybe I'll have to post about that one day.  

I finally finished my Associates degree and received my diploma last year. It doesn't sound like much, but for me it was a HUGE accomplishment. One day I might go on to further my education, but for now I'll be focusing on the education my children will be receiving.

The hubs has been through A LOT health wise, but we've been figuring things out. Like, he can't eat corn, or have high fructose corn syrup.  So we've been going through some major changes. For example, label reading, and having a more natural lifestyle with the types of foods and products we bring into our home. Which is always a good thing right? Of course it is!  On top of his branch presidency calling in our church, he has also been called as the IT guy for the stake.  Which we all know he loves.  He is also still tackling school and looking forward to the day that he's done.

We've been able to get away on some fun camping trips, and have been able to see my family a couple of times this year!  And I have a sister that just moved back out west with her family!!! So we'll get to see more of them. Which is super exciting!

So anyway,  This year has been full of so many great memories. And though we've had some hard times and some heart break, we've truly been blessed in so many ways.  I am so thankful for a Heavenly Father who is mindful of our needs and I'm so thankful to know that he's there through it all and loves us.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful blog! Miss y'all so much! <3

Anonymous said...

-mo

Steve and Brooke said...

YAY! I'm so glad you posted!!!