Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Back to School

"Lessons learned in the home, last the longest."
~President Thomas S. Monson~


I absolutely adore these beautiful children.  I am so thankful that my husband and I have been blessed to raise them. 



They are BOTH doing school this year. I wasn't ready for this. They're not supposed to be this old yet. I'M not supposed to be this old yet.  But so far we're loving it and we're having fun. They're just so grown up now. It's amazing how little minds can learn so much.  I'm definitely having to learn a lot myself.  We have gone the home school route. There are many different reasons as to why I chose to do this, but one of the reasons is that the elementary school is one hour away.Which is a longer bus ride away.  This helped to make my decision to do so easier. I just couldn't bring myself to put my 5 year old on a bus for that long when I am, hopefully, fully capable of teaching them myself.  There are so many great resources that help to make teaching at home easier too. Why, Hello Pinterest :)  But for real, I also have a great support system.  My husband's aunts out here on the farm and mother have either taught or are teaching their children now. I have an amazing mother that helps with ideas and helps me get through it. And my husband supports me 100 percent with my decision. It also helps to have two wonderful children who get excited about everything. And I mean EVERYTHING. Just this morning our little girl was hugging me and thanking us "soooooo much" for putting blinds up in her bedroom haha. I just hope that their excitement for school will continue on through high school. Especially if I continue to home school them. I'm really looking forward to seeing how much they grow and learn this year. Wish us luck!


2 comments:

elaine said...

This school year I am sure will be rewarding and productive for you guys. Not only are they smart children but they have an amazing mom to teach them.

Anonymous said...

So great to hear all the updates! They are growing up too fast! They are so precious and I can not wait till I live closer to all of u!!!! Love and miss y'all! ~mo