Ok, so exciting news!!! I found out Monday that I am pregnant! We still can't believe it. So it's been a crazy and exciting week! So I got sick last week with a stomach virus. And for some reason, I felt urged to buy a pregnancy test on Monday evening. It was so embaressing. LOL. I went into Albertson's to buy one and it was in a lock box. WEIRD. And so I press the button for assistance and the intercom comes one, We need an associate at the lock box. Ahhh. haha and then a man comes around the corner to help me. Even more Awkward. haha, so I grab one when he opens it and take off.
So all the way home I'm thinking, there's no way I'm pregnant, I don't even feel pregnant(not that I would know) and plus Loren's been sick too. I'm just sick. Lol. So I take the test. Doesn't register so I'm like, forget that. haha.
Later I went back to the bathroom to make sure you couldn't see the test in the trashcan (so there wouldn't be any awkward moments) and it was POSITIVE!! I was like, NO WAY! So I ran to my bedroom to get the other test. POSITIVE! haha, so much fun. I had to wait 2 hours for Loren to get home from school. :( I went CRAZY! So he finally got home and I told him I had a present for him. (I put the tests in a shoebox and wrote a note saying that he is going to be a great daddy) And I gave it to him. He read the note and said wait a second. Then unwrapped the wash cloth covering the tests. He was shocked. And excited! We celebrated by going to Leatherby's for icecream and fries.
Tuesday: I took a 3rd test. Because I still couldn't believe it. Lol! We called our families. Everyone is so excited. We went and saw a family doctor too because I had a virus. Had some blood tests done and she referred us to an OB-GYN.
Wednesday: I went crazy!!! Waiting for blood results and wanting to tell so many people but
Thursday: not quite sure what to do.
Today!!!!! So we went to the OB today. Dr. Park is going to be a great doctor. He is a nice old man and he also had a student with him....that was a little weird I'll have to admit, but what wasn't weird about a first OB oppointment. Well, they hadn't gotten my blood test result back for pregnancy and they couldn't proceed with out, so the nurse went and got me a cup, haha. Should have done that in the first place. Of course it was positive.
Anyway, the doctor said that I was a healthy young lady and things were looking pretty good. And I had my first ultrasound. Which was totally unbelievable because we thought it was too early. So, I have a picture of a baby blob. Lol.
So, I'm 5 weeks and 5 days pregnant and I'm due May 17, 2009. How fun! And our next appointment is in 2 weeks so that he can check for cardiovascular activity and make sure my virus has gone away.
Loren and I are truly happy and truly blessed. It's definitely an exciting time in our lives. Scary too! That's for sure. But amazing. Oh and yeah, I don't have a baby bump yet. Hehe
5 comments:
I am so excited for you guys! That's awesome! I'll keep my fingers crossed that you'll have a great pregnancy and no morning sickness. Yea for you guys! Can't wait to see pics of your baby bump over the next few months.
Yippee! Welcome to the whole new world of all the strange things that happen while your pregnant and then the adventure of a baby. We're so happy for you.
That's a fun way to tell Loren. I was going to try to do something like that for K.C. but he was home when I checked and he knew I wasn't feeling well, and I'd locked the door to the bathroom... which I never do. So he came looking for me and then got worried about me and so I had to let him in on the whole thing. But it was fun to both sit there and try to convince eachother that we really did see that line.
It's fun to see your husband get all excited about a child. (and it's cute to see how careful they are to take care of you too.) Oh so much fun... That was one stinking long comment!
How exciting! I LOVED the way you told the story, too! I can just tell you are totally thrilled, and that's the way it should be. I hope you don't get too sick or anything and that you enjoy every second of that miracle that's growing inside of you! Congratulations, Jess!!
Congrats!! Hope you start feeling better. Loren was saying you weren't feeling too good. I feel your pain. let me know if you need anything.
That is SOO... AWSOME!!!!!
that most be wonderfule for you both :)
ps your blog is awsome
Post a Comment