Saturday, November 8, 2008

Baby Bump Blog 13 Weeks




So this one is for Celeste. I've been slack about getting up another post. The past few weeks have been fun and interesting. For awhile my nausea was getting pretty bad but for the most part it's been easing up!! And I'm super excited about that. My appetite is coming back and slowly enjoying food again. We celebrated my 24th birthday on Halloween. Loren was so sweet. I hadn't heard of any Japanese restaurants around here and Loren found one! It was really good and he did everything he could to make me feel good and be happy that day. And he bought me really cool stuff and some beautiful pink roses. :) Plus we found out that a Chick-fil-A opened up really close to where we live. And I've gotta have some Chick-fil-A! I got to see my sister Megan that night and we also picked up Loren's cousin Ammon and it was great getting to know him and it was great for Loren.
Other exciting news!! We went to see the OB on Thursday! Unfortunately we weren't able to hear the heartbeat yet. The little bugger is still to0 deep. But we did have an ultrasound and he was just kicking and bouncing around. I say he and we still don't know what we're having. Loren doesn't find calling him an it appropriate anymore. :) I don't blame him. He/She is so full of life. The doctor was like oh look he/she is waving at you and I started laughing. I guess the baby got a kick out of that because he/she started putting on a show for us. It's amazing how much the baby has grown since the last ultrasound we had. Such an exciting experience....and then they gave me flu shot. LOL. nice way to celebrate! Haha. But today(Sat.) I am 12 weeks and 6 days.
It also snowed earlier this week. That was fun and scary! Haha, It didn't storm or anything but there was a lot of snow and I went grocery shopping in it. My first time driving around in the city with snow falling all around. It was fun. Hehe.
We've had a weekend full of Loren's family this weekend and it's been fun. And we got to see Ashley and Jake Rust's adorable little boy that was born on election day. I can't wait for our little one to get here. I'm at this boring stage where I'm just like, what can I do. I can't decorate a nursery because we don't know what we're having...... but hopefully within the next two months we'll know!

2 comments:

Celeste said...

Yipee for another post! doot doot dootle dootle doot doot doot doo. (This is the best representation that I could do of the theme music I was singing as I made the momentous 'click' to come see your new post! You'll just have to sing it or it won't be the same.)
I'm so glad that food is starting to become a friend again instead of a foe. That makes for much happier days.

Oh and happy birthday too! Aren't husbands wonderful? I love all the sweet things they do and it's so fun to watch them become fathers. (K.C. even started to develop a fatherly instinct and caution by the time I was about 7 mo. along, it was so funny and cute to be a part of.)

It's probably bad of me because he's my brother but I didn't even know Ammon was up there. I'm glad you got to meet him though, he's a good guy.

Anyways thanks for posting I feel much less 'dead with curiosity' now! It's been fun to get to know you better and even though we're not up there every week keeping you up till all hours of the night, I don't want the habit to end. (...um that sounds like I'm saying I still want to keep you up at night! - I guess you can take it however you want.)

And now I close mine epistle

Unknown said...

It's funny reading about you discovering Utah and the snow and such! I loved my experience out west and I remember my first outing in the snow...All I can say is enjoy it now while it's new and fun...it gets old real quick. For me it did, anyway, but I was in the Tundra of Rexburg, ID where it doesn't melt and you feel like you're ice skating every where you go! But Utah has so many cool, fun things to enjoy! I hope you and Loren have fun while you're living there! Good times!