Wednesday, November 12, 2008


So we got our first baby item last night! We bought a bassinet. Great deal for $5!!! We're going to replace the bedding and the mattress for it. It's so exciting! I've been wanting to buy something for awhile now but I just haven't known what. We still don't know what we're having but I think that I've decided on the colors chocolate brown and lime green for the nursery. What do you guys think??
Also I've had fun looking up products and gear online today. I've found a few strollers that I like. But I need everyone's opinions. Especially you mothers. I don't know much about brands and what products are the best quality so I'm hoping someone can clue me in. I found an awesome stroller. A few of them actually. 2 of them are made by Kolcraft and the other is Graco. Also, if anyone has any ideas of where I can find what I'm specifically looking for, I want a jogging stroller system basically that I can snap in the infant car seat. They usually have all Terrain and big wheels and the one wheel in the front. I found one but I'm not sure about the brand. It's made by baby trend. And then there's one that is Safety 1st Acella Sport. Now is it necessary to have a travel system or just nice and easier?


2 comments:

Celeste said...

Another post! Oh fun.

I thought that I would use my travel system a lot just around town. The truth of it is that they are large and bulky and if you are just using them for in and out of stores and getting groceries... The shopping carts work really great and then you have somewhere to put your stuff.

IF however you go on walks I lOVE IT. having a stroller that you can clip the car seat into is a nice thing because they're facing you... (just a nice stroller would suffice I suppose). I have a Graco travel system and I have loved it. (I like it when things match too so that's one reason.) But I often wish that I had a little umbrella stroller or something now that he's bigger that he could ride in that wouldn't take up the whole trunk.

We finally decided that if we were going to have a car seat and we were going to have a stroller... They might as well have the option of going together. We've used them more apart but it has been nice to have the option. So I guess I don't have a solid recommendation one way or the other. There are pros and cons.

BUT for definite sure I would get a car seat that has a clip in base for the car! Oh man is that handy.

Way cute bassinet by the way

Angela said...

The bed is super cute, and I know you'll make it even better! You are good with things like that. Hopefully I'll be able to come out and see you sometime; however, I don't think it's going to be any time soon. No money!! Plus, life is just really crazy. But one day, I'll certainly get out that way. I'm even hoping for April for a weekend as I have a friend of mine from college getting married. So who knows... all depends on money! :-( Anyways - I am really excited for you and Loren!!