Welcome to Courtney's nursery. I had so much fun putting it together and making everything for it. It's amazing what you can come up with on a small budget. As most of you know I got into quilting last year so it was awesome being able to make the bedding. I was going for somewhat of a vintage look for the room. Amazingly enough I did not want to use pink but that's what I ended up bringing home. And I LOVE it. There are still some finishing touches that need to be done but for the most part all we need is a little baby girl now. :)

Loren was really sweet to allow me to paint over the natural wood on this rocking chair. As well as the dresser you'll see in a minute. I'm still a little iffy on the lampshade. It looks too big for the lamp. But we already had both in the house. The wreath is made out of a wreath I already had from the dollar store and I hot glued torn pieces from a dollar store book and then burnt the edges. It originally just had the cream ribbon on it but once I got the pink in the room I decided it need some pink. Once she's born and we've taken some pictures I'm going to hang some up on the opposite wall of the wreath. Maybe white frames with black and white or sepia photos?

I love the 'C' behind the crib. I'm thinking it might need a bow at the nail. But I'm still trying to decide.

The valances I made to match the bedding.

This is where all the cute bows and hair clips will go. That little dress is going to be what she'll be blessed in. It's the same dress I was blessed in. And that little doll in red was mine as a little girl.

This is the dresser that we refinished. It was a really dark wood and didn't have any knobs. It took about a week to work on but it was worth it in the end. We're waiting on the changing pad to come in and then it's going to go on top of the dresser. The big frame on the top of the shelf is actually Ethan's, but she'll have something very similar to it. I just wanted to see what it would look like. The basket of blankets will probably end up on the floor.

I'm excited that some time this year we're going to work on Ethan's room. We've decided that he's too big for his toddler bed and we're going to put him in a twin size bed after all.
8 comments:
I wish i could sew!! Did i know u were having a girl & just forgot? I am sooooo jealous!! It looks good jess & ur dresser looks good too.
Very cute! Looks great! That makes me want to get mine going.
Cuteness! It turned out so good! I love it all. I've always wanted a big S for Savannah's SIDE of the room. (sigh) haha. oh well. I love how resourceful you've been too. Good job. Oh and we finally nailed down travel plans. We'll be headed to Orem for a party that my friend is hosting for me on the 28th. Then out to the farm for about a week, then up to Idaho on the 5th and headed home on the 7th. I'd like to stop and see you... (this is getting really long! haha.) Maybe we could come stay with you on the night of the 28th. The end. I'll text you next time :)
The dresser looks great. I am hoping that Loren did it and NOT you...that doesn't seem like taking it easy, Young Lady.
Love it. I sat in the nursery when Ethan kicked me out of your room. I rocked in the chair and admired you're amazing sewing abilities and wallowed in my inability =) Love you!
super cute jess!!! good job! i love the pink of course. i also think that is a real cute dresser :)
love ya!!
Very cute girl!!!
Jessie, It's beautiful!! You are so talented. We miss you and we are so excited that you are having a girl. Love you bunches as always.
Thanks everyone!
Post a Comment